Hiking is a great way to get some exercise, explore nature, and spend time outdoors. However, it can also be an expensive hobby. From gear to travel expenses, hiking costs can add up quickly. We are here to see best hiking boots under $100.
One essential item that should be on every hiker’s list is a good pair of hiking boots. Hiking boots provide the support and traction needed for a safe and enjoyable hike. However, many of the high-end hiking boots can come with a hefty price tag, which can put a dent in your wallet.
That’s why it’s essential to find the best hiking boots under $100. While these boots may not have all the features of the more expensive models, they can still provide the necessary support and comfort for a great day of hiking.
In this blog post, we will be sharing the top 7 best hiking boots under $100 in 2021 to help you find the perfect pair for your next adventure.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Hiking Boots Under $100
Choosing the right hiking boots under $100 is essential to ensure comfort and safety during your hiking expedition. Here are some of the essential factors to consider:
- Leather: Long-lasting and the most traditional option, offers excellent support and durability.
- Synthetic: Lightweight, breathable, and often cost-effective. Great for beginners but may not be as durable as leather.
- Gore-Tex: Waterproof and breathable material ideal for wet environments.
Type of Hiking:
The type of hiking you plan to do should determine the style of boots you purchase:
- Day Hiking: Lightweight, low-cut or mid-cut boots are great for day hikes with light loads.
- Backpacking: Mid-cut or high-cut boots that offer added ankle support and protection are great for carrying heavy loads over uneven terrain.
- Mountaineering: High-cut boots with stiff soles and insulation for climbing and traversing snow and ice-covered terrain.
A proper fit is crucial in selecting hiking boots to avoid discomfort, blisters, or injuries:
- Ensure accurate sizing; consider trying boots in the afternoon when feet are at their most swollen.
- Ensure the boots provide proper support and fit snugly, but not too tight or too loose.
- Consider the thickness of socks you’ll wear during hiking and test the boots with those socks during fitting.
By considering these factors, you can find the perfect pair of hiking boots under $100 for your needs, ensuring an enjoyable and safe hiking experience.
Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Boot – Review
Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Boot is a top-rated hiking boot that is perfect for those who want to enjoy hiking at a reasonable price. This boot is made from premium quality materials with a comfortable and breathable design that makes it a popular choice among hikers around the world. Here is a detailed review of Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Boot:
- Durable suede leather and mesh upper
- Breathable mesh lining
- Vibram TC5+ sole for traction and durability
- EVA midsole for added comfort and stability
- Protective rubber toe cap
- M Select FIT.ECO+ blended EVA contoured footbed for added arch and heel support
Comfort and Fit
The Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Boot has a comfortable fit with a breathable mesh lining that provides excellent ventilation. The Vibram TC5+ sole offers a great grip on both wet and dry surfaces, making it ideal for different types of hikes. The EVA midsole and M Select FIT.ECO+ blended EVA contoured footbed are designed to provide added comfort and stability during long hikes.
The suede leather and mesh upper make the Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Boot durable and long-lasting. The Vibram TC5+ sole is also durable and offers great traction on all types of terrains. The protective rubber toe cap adds extra protection and durability to the boot.
- Comfortable and breathable design
- Durable suede leather and mesh upper
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Vibram TC5+ sole for traction and durability
- EVA midsole and M Select FIT.ECO+ blended EVA contoured footbed for added comfort and stability
- Reasonably priced
- Not suitable for heavy-duty hiking
- Not completely waterproof
- May run a little narrow for some users
The Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Boot is an excellent choice for budget-conscious hikers who want a comfortable, durable, and versatile hiking boot. Although it’s not suitable for heavy-duty hiking, this boot offers everything a hiker needs to enjoy a day out in nature without breaking the bank.
Columbia Men’s Redmond Waterproof Hiking Boot – Review
For those searching for an excellent pair of hiking boots that won’t break the bank, the Columbia Men’s Redmond Waterproof Hiking Boot is undoubtedly worth considering.
These boots have an Omni-Tech waterproof breathable seam-sealed membrane that allows your feet to stay dry regardless of the weather conditions. Moreover, the suede, mesh, and webbing upper can withstand wear and tear on any trail, providing you with long-term durability.
Columbia’s Techlite lightweight midsole offers comfortable cushioning that enables for high energy return, resulting in less fatigue while you traverse challenging terrain.
- Omni-Tech waterproof breathable seam-sealed membrane
- Suede, mesh, and webbing upper
- Techlite lightweight midsole
- Non-marking Omni-Grip rubber outsole
- Available in multiple color options
The Columbia Men’s Redmond Waterproof Hiking Boot comes with a non-marking Omni-Grip rubber outsole that provides excellent traction on both wet and dry surfaces. This sole also offers a fantastic grip on uneven or rocky terrain.
The boots come in multiple color options, so you can choose one that fits your style. It’s also available in wide sizes, which is a significant advantage for those who need extra space for their feet.
- Omni-Tech waterproof breathable membrane
- Durable design with suede, mesh, and webbing upper
- Comfortable cushioning with Techlite lightweight midsole
- Excellent traction on various surfaces
- Multiple color options available
- Wide sizes available
- May not offer enough insulation for cold weather hiking
Overall, the Columbia Men’s Redmond Waterproof Hiking Boot is an exceptional option for anyone who desires a sturdy, long-lasting pair of hiking boots that won’t cost an arm and a leg. While not appropriate for cold weather or extreme conditions, the boots provide ample protection and support for everyday hiking.
Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot – Review
The Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot is an excellent choice for hikers who are on a budget but still want quality boots. What makes this boot so great are the materials used and the range of features offered.
The White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot is made with 100% premium full-grain waterproof leather to keep your feet dry during the rainiest hikes. The leather is also sturdy and durable, providing excellent support for your feet.
In addition, it has a removable dual-density EVA footbed, which provides cushioning and support for your feet. The footbed also allows for easy cleaning, which is great after a long hiking trip.
One of the standout features of the White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot is its seam-sealed construction, which prevents water from penetrating the boots. It also features a moisture-wicking lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
The rubber outsole is specially designed for maximum traction on all terrains, including wet and dry surfaces. The boots also have rustproof speed lace hardware, making it easy to lace up and adjust to your liking.
The White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot fits true to size and provides excellent support for your feet. The boots also have a padded collar and tongue, which add extra comfort and support.
- Durable and supportive
- Moisture-wicking lining
- Excellent traction
- May take some time to break in
- Some reviewers have noted that the boots are a bit heavy
Overall, the Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot is an excellent choice for budget-conscious hikers who still want quality boots. With its premium materials and range of features, it’s a great value for the price.
KEEN Women’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot – Review
One of the best hiking boots that you can buy under $100 for women is KEEN Women’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot. These boots are made of premium materials and designed specifically for hikers who need a comfortable, durable, and waterproof shoe.
- Waterproof leather and textile material that ensures durability and protection from water and debris.
- Breathable mesh lining that prevents sweat buildup and keeps your feet comfortable and dry.
- Removable dual-density foam footbed that provides excellent arch support and cushioning with every step.
- Non-marking rubber outsole that provides excellent traction on rough terrains.
- Integrated heel cushion and midsole that absorb impact and reduce stress on the feet.
- Comfortable right out of the box – no need to break them in for extended periods.
- Excellent traction and stability on wet and slippery surfaces, thanks to the non-marking rubber outsole.
- Exceptional support for your ankles and feet, reducing the risk of injury and fatigue.
- Waterproof design that keeps your feet dry in rainy and wet conditions.
- Durable and long-lasting construction that can withstand rough use.
If you’re looking for reliable and affordable women’s hiking boots, KEEN Women’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot is an excellent choice. It is exceptional for all types of hiking and outdoor activities because of their durability, comfort, support, and waterproofing features. Regardless of your experience level, these boots are perfect for anyone who needs a high-quality hiking boot under $100.
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot – Review
The Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot is a durable and versatile boot designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable on any hike. This boot is perfect for those on a budget looking for quality hiking boots without breaking the bank. Here’s why we love this hiking boot:
- Waterproof and breathable: The waterproof leather and mesh upper with seam-sealed construction keeps your feet dry without sacrificing breathability, ensuring you stay comfortable on long hikes.
- Comfortable: The boot features a lightweight Techlite midsole that provides superior cushioning and support, while the Omni-Grip non-marking rubber outsole offers excellent traction on wet and dry surfaces.
- Durable: Made with high-quality materials, this boot is built to last and withstand even the toughest hiking conditions.
- Stylish: This hiking boot is available in a variety of colors, so you can choose the one that best fits your style.
Overall, the Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot is an excellent choice for those on a budget looking for a high-quality hiking boot that will keep their feet dry and comfortable on any hike.
Wrapping Up the List
In conclusion, affordable hiking boots are not necessarily low-quality. There are many options available for hikers on a budget who still want to enjoy the great outdoors without breaking the bank. We have compiled a list of the top 7 best hiking boots under $100, all of which have different features, designs, and materials. By considering your specific needs and preferences, you can choose the best pair of boots for you.
Keep in mind that while these hiking boots are affordable, they still require proper care and maintenance to ensure they last throughout your hiking adventures. Be sure to clean and waterproof them regularly and always break them in before hitting the trails.
No matter the price, the most important aspect of any hiking boot is comfort and functionality. Your hiking boots are your most essential hiking gear and will help you tackle any terrain, so it is important to choose wisely.
We hope this comprehensive list of the best hiking boots under $100 has been helpful in your search for the perfect pair of boots. Happy hiking with your new affordable and high-quality hiking boots!