If you’re someone who’s always on the hunt for sustainable yet chic clothing options, you’ve most likely heard of Reformation. Reformation is a brand that’s been gaining popularity for their eco-friendly clothing options as they truly believe sustainable fashion should not compromise the style, quality or the price of the clothes. Reformation’s unique blend of sustainability and fashion has made it a go-to brand when it comes to making a fashion statement with a conscience.
But if you’re open to discover more stores like Reformation that can cater to a broader range of tastes, budgets, and preferences, this post will walk you through the top 5 options that you can check out.
Factors to consider when choosing stores similar to Reformation
When it comes to finding stores like Reformation, there are a few factors you should keep in mind to ensure you’re getting the same level of quality and integrity:
- Sustainability: Reformation is known for its commitment to sustainable fashion, so make sure the stores you’re considering share the same values. Look for brands that use eco-friendly materials, ethical manufacturing processes, and carbon-neutral shipping.
- Affordability: Reformation’s clothes can be quite pricey, so if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, consider brands that offer similar styles at a lower price point.
- Size inclusivity: Reformation has been criticized in the past for its lack of size inclusivity, so if you’re looking for stores that cater to a wider range of body types, do your research beforehand.
- Style: Reformation is known for its vintage-inspired, feminine aesthetic, so if that’s your thing, look for brands that offer similar styles. However, if you have a different personal style, be open to exploring other options as well.
- Durability: Reformation’s clothes are made to last, so make sure the stores you’re considering prioritize quality and durability as well. It’s better to invest in pieces that will last you a long time than to constantly have to replace cheaply-made items.
1st Alternative: Everlane
Everlane is one of the best stores that offer sustainable and eco-friendly clothing to the masses. The company is committed to using ethical manufacturing processes, sustainable fabrics, and transparent pricing policies. Everlane’s clothing collection is trendy, chic, and high-quality, making it one of the best stores like Reformation.
Here are some reasons why Everlane is an excellent choice for anyone looking for sustainable and eco-friendly clothing:
Pros of Everlane:
- Ethical manufacturing processes: Everlane ensures that every worker involved in the production process is treated fairly and paid adequately.
- Sustainable fabrics: The company uses organic cotton, recycled polyester, and ethical silk, and other sustainable materials to make their clothing.
- Transparent pricing policies: Everlane provides its customers with the real cost of each product, including the costs of production, raw materials, and transportation.
Whether you’re looking for a classic t-shirt, trendy denim, or a chic dress, Everlane has it all. Their clothing collection is perfect for anyone who wants to look fashionable while saving the planet.
2nd alternative: Amour Vert
Amour Vert is a sustainable fashion brand based in San Francisco that has made great strides in reducing its carbon footprint. Their name means “Green Love” in French, and they aim to create clothing that is both beautiful and environmentally friendly.
- Wide variety of clothing, from casual to dressy
- Uses sustainable and eco-friendly fabrics, such as modal and Tencel
- Reduced water waste through the use of innovative dyeing techniques
- Operates a recycling program for clothes
- Prices are somewhat higher than fast fashion brands, although not as high as Reformation
- Some people may find the fit of the clothes to be inconsistent
If you’re looking for brands like Reformation that prioritize sustainable materials and production practices, Amour Vert is a great option. Their clothing is made to last, and the company encourages customers to recycle their clothes rather than throw them away.
3rd Alternative: Pact
Pact is a brand that produces ethical and eco-friendly clothing that is both affordable and stylish. The brand uses organic cotton and invests in the well-being of its workers, ensuring that they are treated fairly and paid wages that allow them to live comfortably. Here are some reasons why Pact is an excellent alternative to Reformation:
- Pact’s clothing is made from organic cotton and other sustainable materials, making it better for the environment than traditional cotton.
- The brand carries a wide range of products, including basics, loungewear, and activewear, so there is something for every occasion.
- Pact’s prices are very reasonable, with most items costing under $50.
- Like Reformation, Pact is committed to transparency and ethical practices. The brand is certified by Fair Trade USA, GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard), and OEKO-TEX (a certification for textiles tested for harmful substances), among others.
Overall, Pact is an excellent choice for those looking for sustainable and affordable clothing. The brand’s commitment to using organic cotton and investing in the well-being of its workers makes it an ideal alternative to Reformation for those who value these principles.
4th Alternative: People Tree
People Tree was founded in 1991 by a woman named Safia Minney, a pioneer in ethical fashion. The brand offers a range of sustainable and organic clothing for women, men, and kids. People Tree has strict standards for its production practices and only uses eco-friendly materials such as organic cotton, TENCEL® lyocell, and recycled polyester. The brand has also actively campaigned for better working conditions for textile workers, fair wages, and sustainable livelihoods.
People Tree offers an extensive collection of clothing items, including dresses, tops, skirts, and trousers. They also have a range of accessories, including bags, scarves, and jewelry. People Tree’s designs are classic and timeless, making them versatile pieces that can be worn for several seasons. They also have a collection of statement pieces that come in bold colors and prints.
People Tree offers free shipping to the UK, and their international shipping rates are reasonable. The brand has a slightly more expensive price point than Reformation, but it’s justified by the added sustainability factor and ethical production practices.
If you’re looking for a brand like Reformation that offers sustainable and ethical clothing with a laid-back and chic aesthetic, People Tree is an excellent option. They prioritize sustainable production, fair wages, and ethical working conditions while still offering versatile and stylish clothing options that will last for many seasons to come.
5th Alternative: Eileen Fisher
Eileen Fisher is a well-known brand that has been around for over 30 years. Their mission is to make clothes that make you feel good, both inside and out. The brand is committed to using sustainable materials and practices to minimize their impact on the environment. Here are some features that make Eileen Fisher a great alternative to Reformation:
- Uses eco-friendly materials such as organic cotton, linen, and Tencel
- Employs responsible labor practices
- Offers a recycling program where customers can return their old Eileen Fisher items to be repurposed or resold
- Has a wide range of sizes, including plus sizes
- Offers a range of styles from casual to formal
Eileen Fisher is a good choice for those who are looking for sustainable clothing without sacrificing style and quality. Their versatile pieces can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion, and their recycling program helps to close the loop on the fashion industry’s waste problem.