Navy blue nautical nails are great for making a real statement. Whether you’re getting ready for a night out or just want to add a pop of color to your workday wardrobe, navy blue and dark blue nails are a chic and sophisticated way to do it.
These colors can be versatile and can work with almost any outfit. The deep navy blue color looks great with casual or formal wear, and the darker shade exudes elegance and class. Perfect for the autumn/winter wardrobe or for those seeking a bold look, this trend is definitely a statement that speaks volumes for personality and fashion sense.
Furthermore, the trend has also spread among celebrities, with names like Kylie Jenner, Hailey Bieber, and Bella Hadid sporting this effortless trend over the past few years.
In the next sections, we’ll tell you everything you need to know to rock this trend, from choosing the perfect shade to nailing the perfect manicure.
Choosing the Right Shade for Your Skin Tone and Occasion
When considering navy blue nautical nails, it’s important to choose the right shade for your skin tone and the occasion. Here are some tips:
- For fair or light skin tones, choose a navy blue that has a touch of violet or purple. Dark blue shades with shimmer or glitter can also look stunning.
- For medium skin tones, a true navy blue or a dark blue shade with blue undertones will be the most flattering.
- For deep skin tones, opt for a deep navy or dark blue that has a black undertone, or a blue shade with metallic accents.
When it comes to occasion, there are no hard and fast rules. However, some shades or finishes may be more appropriate for certain settings:
|Occasion||Recommended Shades or Finishes|
|Formal event||Deep navy with a glossy finish|
|Workplace||Classic navy with a matte finish|
|Casual outing||Dark blue with shimmer or glitter|
Ultimately, it’s important to choose a shade that you feel confident and beautiful wearing. Don’t be afraid to try different shades and finishes to find your perfect look!
DIY vs Professional Nail Salons for Achieving the Look
Getting navy blue or dark blue nails can be done either at home or at a professional nail salon. Here are the pros and cons to consider:
- You can save money by doing it yourself
- You can do it anytime you want without having to schedule an appointment
- You can experiment with different shades and designs until you find the perfect look
- It can be time-consuming and messy
- You may not have the necessary tools and supplies to achieve a professional-looking result
- It can be difficult to achieve a flawless and long-lasting finish without experience and practice
Professional Nail Salons
- You can relax and enjoy the experience as a trained professional takes care of the work
- You can choose from a range of shades and styles, including custom designs and nail art
- You can benefit from high-quality supplies and tools that are not easily accessible for DIY use
- You may have to pay more for professional services compared to DIY
- You may have to book appointments in advance, which can be inconvenient for some people
- You may not have full control over the final result and may have to compromise on some details
Ultimately, the choice between DIY and professional nail salon services comes down to personal preference, budget, and the level of expertise and time you have for the task. It is always best to do some research, compare prices and reviews, and weigh your options before making a decision.
Tips for a Flawless Navy Blue Nautical Manicure
If you’re planning on trying navy blue or dark blue nails, keep in mind that dark nail polish can be unforgiving. Here are some tips for achieving a flawless manicure:
1. Prepare your nails
File, shape, and buff your nails as you normally would. Clean your nails with alcohol to ensure that the polish adheres properly. Apply a base coat to protect your nails from staining and to help the color last longer.
2. Apply thin coats
Apply two or three thin coats of color, allowing each coat to dry completely before applying the next. Thick coats of polish take longer to dry, are more prone to smudging or bubbling, and can result in a lumpy, uneven finish.
3. Use a top coat
A top coat will help your manicure last longer and will give your nails a glossy finish. Wait until your manicure is completely dry before applying the top coat, as applying it too soon can cause the color to smudge.
4. Give your nails ample time to dry
Dark colors take longer to dry than lighter ones, so be sure to give your nails at least 10 to 15 minutes to dry completely. You can speed up the drying process by using a quick-dry top coat or a nail polish drying spray.
5. Clean up any mistakes
If you get nail polish on your skin or cuticles, clean it up with a small brush or a cotton swab dipped in nail polish remover. Don’t worry if your first attempt isn’t perfect – practice makes perfect!
Ways to Accessorize and Complement Your Navy Blue or Dark Blue Nails
Having navy blue or dark blue nails can give you a stylish and elegant look. Here are some ways to accessorize and complement your nail color:
- Jewelry: You can complement your navy blue or dark blue nails with silver jewelry, like bangles or long earrings. A statement necklace with blue enamel can also be a perfect accessory.
- Clothing: Wearing neutral colors, like white or beige, can make your navy blue or dark blue nails stand out. You can also try pairing your nails with darker shades, like black or deep purple, to create a bold look.
- Makeup: For a cohesive look, you can opt for navy blue or dark blue eye makeup. You can also try nude or light pink lipstick to balance the boldness of the nail color.
- Footwear: You can wear heels or sandals in neutral colors to complement your navy blue or dark blue nails. You can also try metallic shoes like silver or gold for a more glamorous look.
- Accessories: Choosing accessories with shades of blue, like a blue purse or scarf, can help bring out the color of your nails. Headbands or hair clips with blue stones can also be a perfect match.
These are just a few ways to accessorize and make the most of your navy blue or dark blue nails. Experiment with different colors and styles to find your unique look.